Monday, June 15, 2009

Minor Details...


My valuable lesson of the day... when going to the pool for a swim, don't forget the swim suit! Yes, it's a minor but important detail. When I arrived at the gym and realized my mistake, I ever so briefly pondered whether or not people would notice if I swam sans suit - and quickly (and probably wisely) dismissed the notion. After a mad dash back to the house, I returned to the pool well suited for my training session (yes, you may groan at the pun).

It reminded me of the one and only sprint triathlon I did (7+ years ago?), and I forgot to take off my helmet for the run portion! Think I'm kidding? Check out the picture! for the record, I'm the one running with the helmet on... not the one with the pierced nipple. Fortunately, I realized my mistake fairly early in the run and was able to ditch it - but not before David snapped this picture as a reminder.

Tonight's training program:

  • 100m Warm Up
  • 5 x 50m Drills
  • 5 x 100m laps at varying intensities (Training Intensity 2, TI 3, TI4, TI3, TI2)
  • 2 x 50m TI4 down / back easy (sprint up, leisurely swim back)
  • 200m Cool Down

I tell you what... those TI4 laps are TIRING! I think the best part of tonight's workout was the advice I received from an accomplished triathlete / swimmer in the next lane. He pointed out that I have a good basic form, but my arms swing too high and I lift my head too far out of the water to breathe. Low to the water... that's my goal! We'll see how it goes!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Scott, way to go. I am sure you will do a great job running, swimming and biking. Your helmet story was hilarious. I am contibuting!!! Kathi Grosvenor

    ReplyDelete